For most businesses, relying on some level of IT is a necessity. However, as the cost and complexity of IT continues to expand, many businesses struggle to maintain their internal dedicated IT services. From reducing costs to providing access to the operational resources needed to handle a wide range of tasks, outsourced IT teams can provide the perfect solution by working in tandem with in-house teams.
Understanding The Potential Benefits And Drawbacks Of An In-House Team
One of the reasons that many businesses still rely on an in-house IT department, is that it offers a few key advantages. These benefits include:
- In-house teams are trained to handle your company’s unique requirements.
- An in-house team should (in theory) be consistently available.
- Through internal reviews, companies can ensure that they maintain the top IT performers for their specific business needs.
The drawbacks of an in-house IT department include:
- High Costs. — The cost of maintaining an in-house IT department can be fairly large. Not only do companies need to hire individuals with specific skillsets, but they need to also pay for additional training, as well as the hardware and software that the IT team needs to support the organization. Finally, the salary for the top IT performers can be quite high, which means that businesses might not be able to afford the right team members.
- Fluctuating Needs. — IT is often a fluctuating need. This means that during slow periods many companies will have expensive resources that aren’t being effectively utilized. On the other hand, during busy seasons, internal IT departments are often overwhelmed, understaffed, and have far too many projects to support on limited resources. Finding a balance between effectively allocating resources for the two seasons can be a challenge for many businesses.
- Large Time Commitment. — Hiring, training, and keeping IT staff is often a time-consuming task. Additionally, the time it takes to post IT jobs, interview candidates, hire, and train the new staff can distract companies from their primary business goals.
While there are benefits and drawbacks to an in-house IT department, many businesses believe that only an internal team can understand the specific requirements of their organization. As a result of the latter mindset, businesses can often be wary of outsourcing their IT needs to a managed IT services provider. In this vein, it is important to note that businesses don’t have to replace their dedicated IT services with an outsourced team. Instead, through a partnership they can enjoy the benefits of both in-house and outsourced teams.
How Can Businesses With Dedicated IT Services Benefit From Outsourcing?
From as-needed help desk support to complex migrations, there are several benefits to outsourcing certain tasks to a trusted managed IT services provider, such as adNET. Additional benefits include:
- Experienced Teams. — Managed service providers employ experienced teams that can handle a wide arrange of IT challenges. The outsourced team can work with internal IT departments to ensure that the challenge is resolved in a time and cost-effective manner. Additionally, businesses won’t have to hire an expensive staff member to resolve one specific type of challenge. Instead, the managed services provider can leverage their vast pool of talent to find the specific skill needed to overcome the challenge. This means that businesses can save money in the long run by only employing IT staff members with the skillsets that are needed on a regular basis.
- Reduced Training Costs. — Businesses won’t have to spend time or money continuously training IT staff. Managed service providers can work hand-in-hand with businesses to ensure that the right team members are overseeing vital IT tasks. When it comes to training, managed IT service providers ensure that their teams are properly trained, which means that businesses won’t incur the expensive hiring and training costs of maintaining a large in-house IT department.
- Innovative Techniques. — Managed IT service providers have the innovative techniques and dedicated professionals needed to maintain both remote and on-site locations. In fact, in a recent poll, 35 percent of businesses stated that they value the innovation that their outsourced IT teams provide on a daily basis. These innovative approaches can also result in additional time and cost savings.
adNET Is Here To Help Businesses Find The Right Balance Between Their Dedicated IT And Outsourced IT Teams
From IT leadership to a broad range of technical expertise, there are several reasons that businesses choose adNET. However, one of the primary reasons is balance. As a managed IT services provider, adNET is dedicated to helping businesses find the right balance between their dedicated IT and outsourced IT teams. Through this balance, businesses can solve problems faster, collaborate more effectively, and stay agile, all while enjoying the following competitive advantages.
- No Surprise Costs. — Through set services and dependable coverage, businesses can enjoy the benefits of a no surprise cost structure. In fact, adNET’s team is designed to complement your internal IT department so that you can offer better coverage for your entire business without any surprise costs. Through transparency, adNET adds reliability to your IT solutions at a price that you can properly budget for each month. From scheduled maintenance to network security and help desk assistance, adNET is here to help your business run smoothly.
- Improved Workload Management. — Whether it is the busy or slow season, with the help of adNET’s dedicated professionals, your in-house IT department doesn’t need to be overwhelmed by daily user support or server monitoring tasks. With the help of an outsourced team, your internal IT department can focus on mission critical tasks and higher level objectives. In short, through outsourcing, your key IT staff members will be free to work on business building initiatives, including strategy and compliance. By working in tandem with your in-house department, the adNET team can provide the support you need to improve workload management at any time of the year.
- Remain Agile And Secure. — As your business grows and changes, so too will your unique IT requirements. Fortunately, adNET is here to help you remain both agile and secure. From managing firewalls, encryption, and authentication, to ensuring that network devices remain secure, an outsourced team can help protect your vital business assets.
The moral of the story is simple, outsourced IT solutions shouldn’t replace your dedicated IT services. Instead, with the help of adNET, you can enjoy supplemental IT services when you need them most. To learn more about how the innovative adNET Complete Solution can help you refocus on revenue-generating activities, while simultaneously providing your internal IT department with the customized support it needs to succeed, contact a member of the adNET team today.