Attorneys who want to compete in today’s technology-driven environment need up-to-date software solutions. This includes practice management software. But, it’s often perplexing trying to decide which one to choose. This is when you need an IT Consultant who can help you ask the right questions and find answers for them – One who can help you find the practice management software that best fits your needs.
What Questions Should You Ask When Researching Legal Practice Management Solutions?
Here are a few that we suggest.
Will Importing Your Current Data Be Easy To Do?
You know that you’ll need to import your existing data into any new practice management software. Ask your IT provider how easy it will be to migrate your firm’s data into the new software and what the resulting formats will be.
Will The Solution Integrate Well With Your Accounting Software?
Will it automatically sync with your accounting and billing software? If you have to track billable hours, this is another thing to consider. And if you manage both trust and operating accounts, will your new solution handle these tasks as well?
You need both accounting and billing elements that will save you time. Will your accounting software automatically reconcile the accounts in your practice management software? You want them to integrate seamlessly, so you aren’t duplicating tasks and wasting time.
How About Eliminating The Paper In Your Work Life?
- Will the practice management software you’re considering provide unlimited online data storage for your documents?
- Can you use it to eliminate the use of paper invoices?
- What about the need to mail letters to your clients? Will it provide secure online communication so you can send letters electronically?
All of this will save paper and time printing and mailing. Online storage lets you and your employees access documents from anywhere you have a secure internet connection, increasing productivity and flexibility.
Will The Practice Management Software Let You Process Credit Card Payments Securely?
- Will you be able to email invoices to your clients using the new software?
- Does it come with invoice reminders?
- Can your clients securely pay you online?
When your practice management software includes online financial services, this not only offers convenience for you but your clients. It also streamlines your operations.
Who Is The Practice Management Software Provider?
- Is the software provider located in the U.S.?
- Are they reputable?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they be around when you need them?
- How about customer service? Do they have a 24/7 hotline?
- Do they back their software and provide easy returns if it doesn’t work for you?
If you’re working off hours and run into a problem, you need to know that you’ll have support.
How Secure Is The Practice Management Software?
- Can the software vendor guarantee that your data will be secure?
- Will you be able to easily restrict users’ access to specific files, documents, and cases?
Ask all the hard questions about permissions, settings, client access, and more to ensure your data is 100% secure.
Is The Practice Management Software Easy To Use?
- Is it set up to be intuitive and easy to navigate?
- Will you quickly be able to search for the information and documents you need?
- How about training?
- Will you have to pay extra for training when you hire new employees?
How Much Will The Practice Management Software Cost Compared To Other Solutions?
- Is the pricing structure easy to understand and transparent? Make sure you know what you’re getting for the price you pay.
- How about your ROI? Will it provide the value you’re looking for?
Calculate your Total Cost of Ownership and Return on Investment. How long will it take for you to realize savings from using this solution?
It might not be easy to find all the answers to your questions. This can make it more difficult to decide which Practice Management Software to choose. Talk to your IT service company. If you don’t have one, feel free to reach out to adNET Technology Management.
In the meantime, here are some solutions you can look into.
- Time Matters
- Rocket Matter
Regardless of whether you’re in the market for new software or not, it’s always good to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the world of IT. Feel free to reach out to us at adNET Technology Management in Elgin, Illinois.